Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Futuristic Creative Art Project

A recent quick project I had for my art class in school. I had taken a picture of a building in downtown provo not too long ago. 





I've always loved the new building since they put it up last year with its straight lines and symmetric shape. So when a project on two vanishing points came up, I used the picture as a reference and let my imagination run with it.





I quickly gravitated towards a more futuristic look and made the building gigantic instead of just a few floors tall. I started seeing it as a futuristic metropolis where the wealthy go to escape the damaging pollutions of the city life. It continues past the page hundreds of levels tall able to fit hundreds of thousands of residents at a time. It's got an indoor pool and waterfall display, green houses, huge court yards, and a modern statue/ entry way to welcome the guests in. 



Why all the detail? I've always loved going into detail with my art, that's where the fun comes into play.



After finishing the pencil sketch I wanted to see even more detail and how far I could take it, so I scanned it and dropped some paint on it with photoshop! Just after an hour or so of time and the building comes alive with color and it really starts to make sense.





Random details:

- Included some birds in the distance to create the scale needed for the building

- The two vanishing points were closer together then normal which allowed a more dramatic perspective.



I wanted to share this project and hopefully more so that I could share my creative side and hopefully inspire yours! I want to put some more time into this painting and really show the pollution in the sky and a city in the distance, we'll see if I have time!





Go out, draw something, build something, create something! The sky is the limit with creativity!







No comments:

Post a Comment